Leica SL2 Firmware Update 2.0
This firmware version is scheduled to be released on Friday 19th of June 2020.
Firmware Update Version 2.0
Leica Camera introduces a new firmware update for the Leica SL2 full frame mirrorless system camera. The firmware update and installation instructions can be found on the Leica Camera website (us.leica-camera.com). Firmware 2.0adds and addresses the following:
New Features & Improvements
With Multishot the user can create photos with a resolution up to 187MP. The SL2 automatically combines 8 pictures from a quick burst of the electronic shutter. One photo is recorded at normal resolution (47MP) and one at high resolution (187MP).
• Only full-frame lenses can be used with multishot.
• Any aperture between 1 and 16 can be selected.
• ISO settings from 50 to 3200 are selectable.
• The use of a flash is not possible.
• The electronic shutter is always used. The multishot function automatically turns off all image stabilization (BIS and OIS). The shutter speeds range from 1/40,000 to sec.
Improvement on the Video Menu GUI
In the sub-menus of video mode, a white highlighted header shows as a reminder that the user is in video mode.
• Improvement on the AF field size setting
The AF-field size can be changed with a long tap without moving the selected AF field.
• SD-Card naming
After formatting the SD card, the card will be named with “Leica SL2”.
• Detection of M-Lenses: 6-bit coded M lenses will be recognized at all times with M-Adapter L.
• Elimination of artifacts on very fast continuous shooting: In the drive mode “Continous – Very High Speed” there were artifacts in the DNG under certain settings, which have now been removed.
• Correction of the focus distance value in feet: The focus distance on the top display has been corrected and now shows the correct values.
• Connectivity enhancements with Leica FOTOS and Image Shuttle: General improvements for a faster and more stable connection between camera and smartphone or computer.
For direct downloads of the firmware file, pease see here.